Collection of information
Information you provide to us
The information directly provided by you when submitting Personal Information via the website or platform is collected by us and handled according to the following principles:
- The Impakt Fund will solely collect Information related to your person for the required purposes. It will be evident by the context in which it is collect what the use will be.
- We will only process Personal Information in an adequate and relevant context of the purpose for which it’s processed.
- Your Personal information will only be processed for a purpose for which the information was collected. An exception may be your consent to alternative purposes, or where The Impakt Fund is permitted by the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA) or in terms of legislation
- to use your Personal Information. We will not disclose any of your Personal Information to any third party without your prior written consent or when required by law. Please refer to the Learner Terms and Conditions for further information.
- We will destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer needed by us for the purpose it was collected or processed.
- As permitted by the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI), we may use Personal Information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
Information collected automatically
When accessing or using our Services, we automatically collect some information about you, such as:
- Information Log – We automatically log some information about your use of The Impakt Fund Services, including:
- Access times
- Pages viewed
- IP address
- The page you navigated to our site from
- Device Information: We also collect information about your devices, such as:
- Information about software and hardware
- Media Access Control (“MAC”) address
- Other unique device identifiers like device token, mobile network and time zone.
- Usage Information: We furthermore collect information about your usage of our Services, such as:
- Applications you use
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your computer’s hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience and see which areas and features of our Services are popular. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Choices related to your information” below.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you log into our Services using a third-party website or portal/platform such as LinkedIn, we may access information about you that we receive from such site and/or platform, such as your user name, profile information and friend lists, in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by such third-party site or platform.
Usage of personal information
The information collected about you may be used for several purposes, such as:
- Provide, maintain and improve our current Services;
- Develop new Services;
- Send you and deliver information related to your personal requests;
- Facilitation of communication between learners, learners and facilitators and The Impakt Fund;
- Provide customer service and support;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events offered by The Impakt Fund and it’s affiliates, and provide news and information which we think might be of interest to you;
- Personalise and improve our Services and provide advertisements, content or features;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With other participants in order to create learner groups
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our terms and conditions or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of The Impakt Fund or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
- We also may share aggregated information or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social sharing features
Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the LinkedIn “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and analytics services provided by others
Third-party ad serving and analytics technologies are integrated into our Services, so if you do not want to be subject to these technologies, do not use or access our Services.
Our Services may also integrate third party Application Program Interfaces (APIs), which allow others to collect and process information about you, including your geo-location information, to provide you with tailored advertisements, offers and other content.
You have the ability to control the collection and use of your geo-location information at all times. We will not allow third-parties to access this information without your consent (opt-in). You can disable location-based services at any time by adjusting the settings of your mobile device to avoid any conflict.
- Foreign entities will be vetted for compliance with data-protection regulations,
- the customer will have the opportunity to consent to or reject the transfer if the need arises post-acceptance of the PP,
- that such consent may sometimes not be requested, under circumstances where it is to the data subject’s benefit and where it isn’t practical to get their consent, which reasonably considered will probably be given.
The Impakt Fund takes reasonable measures to help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, change and/or removal.
Choices related to your information
Should you require us to change, correct or remove your personal information, please email us at email@example.com. It may be required that we retain particular information required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Other cached information may be kept for a certain period after removal.
Most devices/browsers are, by default set to accept cookies. Should you choose to change these settings to prevent the device/browser to accept cookies automatically, it may have a negative impact on the availability and functionality of our website and / or Online Learning Platform.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device to provide programme / Services related information, updates, promotions and associated messages. You can deactivate these notifications by changing your notification settings on your device.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from The Impakt Fund by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opt-out of our services, we may still send you business-related communications, such as your membership, purchase or similar.
Storage of Information
The Impakt Fund will only store your information as long as it is necessary to provide you with uninterrupted service and service/product information.
- “The Impakt Fund will additionally store some of your information records as required by your contract with us (specify nature of the retained information record) – This is compliant with Section 14(1)(c) of POPI – The Impakt Fund as the responsible party may keep recorded information which the customer party agrees to in the contract.
- “The Impakt Fund will retain some of your information (specify which) for internal statistical purposes. We guarantee that appropriate security measures are in place to protect this record of information.” – This wording is compliant with Section 14(2) of POPI, which allows for retention of information records if there are proper security measures in place to protect the data.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.